667 Boy Scout Road
This invaluable training is recognized and highly regarded throughout the world, especially by the outdoor industry, as well as government land management agencies. Each course is staffed with a minimum of two highly experienced outdoor professionals who are Master Educator instructors. Learn in-depth about the seven principles of Leave No Trace through a field-based training experience, with a focus on bringing the message of Leave No Trace to others in Scouting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Scouters age 18 or older who are interested in learning in-depth about the principles of Leave No Trace and their application, teaching them to others through Awareness courses, and running Leave No Trace Trainer courses in their Districts and Councils. Because a moderate Backpacking Trek in and outside of the Camp Sinoquipe area is connected to this course, a minimum level of fitness is expected. Each participants BMI (Body Mass Index) must not exceed 40.
WHAT MASTER EDUCATORS DO:
• Conduct Leave No Trace Trainer courses and Leave No Trace and Outdoor Ethics Awareness workshops
• Lead discussions on Outdoor Ethics with local Troops, Packs, and Crews as they prepare for outings
• Train and mentor youth to serve as Outdoor Ethics Guides in their Troops
• Provide leadership on Outdoor Ethics matters to the District and Council, drawing upon a wealth of knowledge and personal experience
Registration deadline: July 13, 2018
Cost: $260 per participant
- Completion of BSA Health and Medical Form for the current year.
• Completion of the LNT Trainer course, or equivalent prior experience
• A desire to teach LNT to others
• Preparation of a presentation on one of the LNT principles (will be assigned prior to arrival)
All participants will receive with their teaching assignment, equipment list, and campsite location.
Pastor Scott Johnston
Council Outdoor Ethics Advocate