TEN COMMANDMENT HIKE
To All Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturing Scouts, Leaders, and Families:
The Religious Relations Committee of Mason-Dixon Council is holding a Ten Commandment Hike on Saturday, November 11, 2017 in Hagerstown, Maryland. The hike will take you to various churches in Downtown Hagerstown where you will learn about the Ten Commandments. We would LOVE for you and your families to join us!
- All Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturers and their families are invited to attend the free hike.
- A participation patch is $5.00 (each).
- Participants need to register prior to the hike. Click Here to Register!
- Bring a bagged lunch and drink with you on the hike.
The hike will start at 8:00 a.m. at the First Baptist Church (15 High Street), Hagerstown, MD, and will finish around 3:00-4:00 p.m. When registering, we need to know who the key leaders for all units, plus we would like to have volunteers located at all street crossings. The event will be held rain or shine.
We hope that you’ll join us during the interesting and fun event,
Mason-Dixon Council, BSA’s Religious Relations Committee
Please register before November 9th
Map of Route
- This event is open to all scouts and scouting families. All are encourage to come with us.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Please feel bring packed lunches to eat on the trail.
- Do not forget water!!!
- This hike will meet all the Duty to God requirements for Tiger Scout up to Star Rank if the families come with their scouts.
- Online registration is strongly encouraged. Please register before November 9th, this will allow adequate time to prepare for participants.
- Our event patch is available for purchase for $5.00. This patch is being sold to offset the costs of the event and the proceeds will be applied toward future Duty to God programming.
- Registration will take place between 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. in the parking lot behind First Baptist Church on High Street. (Enter from the alley)
- The First church on the route will be St Mark’s Lutheran church and the last church on route will be First Baptist. It’s approximately a 3 mile hike.
- We will walk on sidewalks only and use all crosswalks to cross the streets. We will be asking for adult volunteers in each group to be help children with crossing the street at busy intersections.
- To control the crowd, we will release groups of 40-50 every 20 minutes starting around 8:30. Safety rules must be followed.