The policy of the Mason-Dixon Council, BSA is that all registered leaders must be fully trained to the position in which they are registered or they will not be allowed to re-register. For a complete listing of required trainings for your position reference this chart. The Online Learning Center. provides online training opportunities for required and supplemental courses.
THIS IS SCOUTING
This Is Scouting provides an overview of the Scouting organization, including history, values, programs, Youth Protection, community involvement, and training. You must complete this training via the Online Learning Center.
VENTURING LEADER SPECIFIC TRAINING
This course is intended to provide Venturing crew Advisors with the basic information they need to help youth leaders manage a crew. The course includes the 2014 updates to Venturing and aligns with the new Venturing leader materials.
- the nature of the Venturing program and its value to youth.
- the specifics of the Venturing program.
- the relationship between crew officers and Advisors.
- the challenges of working with youth and young adults.
- the Venturing recognition opportunities.
- the annual program planning process
CREW COMMITTEE CHALLENGE
This course provides guidance to committee members on how to give the support needed by Advisors and Venturers to deliver a high-quality program experience.